The Hackett ROV compatible SS-C4 anti-corrosion subsea chain hoists meet and exceed the requirements of international standards
British Standard BS EN13157:2004 + AI:2009
American Standard ASME B30.16-2012
Australian Standard AS1418.2-1997
South African Standard SANS 1594:2007
NORSOK R-002: 2017.
William Hackett has taken its extensive knowledge of corrosion protection acquired in the supply of its specialist subsea range to the offshore sector and translated this technology to the newly developed second generation range of Hackett ROV SS-C4 anti-corrosion subsea chain hoists.
These hoists can be supplied in the following configurations
- Chain block working load limit capacities available: 3.2t, 5t, 10t, 15t and 20t multi fall units
- Single hook suspension unit
- Hot stab interface ISO 13628-8 3/8” BSP.1 Hot stab female receptacle.
- Fishtail direct drive interface
- D-link drive
- High performance waterproof grease giving superior rust and corrosion protection that will not separate, cake or wash out.
- Specialist subsea brake material
- Lightweight sturdy handles using 316L stainless steel.
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +55°C
- Stainless steel fixing and fasteners.
All the above hoist configurations can also be supplied with the following options
- Calibrated Grade T (8) load chain to BS EN818-7 zinc plated
- Calibrated Grade S (6) 316L stainless steel load chain
- Complies with the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association ‘Code of Practice for Selection, Management, Use, Maintenance and Examination of Hand Chain Hoists and Lever Hoists in The Offshore Environment including Subsea’. Doc. Ref. LEEA 033 dated July 2014.
- 500hrs + protection against salt spray tests according to ASTM B117
- Twin pawls as standard – captivated internally to prevent damage
- Heavy duty forged safety catches
- Stainless steel fixing used throughout the hoist
- Hook housing is bolt connected using cap head screws and nyloc nuts
- All internal hoist components fully corrosion protected
- Compact and robust design for easy handling
Performance and Testing
The Hackett ROV SS-C4 chain hoists have been fully tried and tested to include:
- Minimum Breaking Load – a minimum of 4 x the WLL
- The load chain anchor / end stop tested to at least 2.5 x the WLL with no restriction of either the brake or gears
Click here to download the product brochure.